Ipswich: Ransomes Jacobsen to sponsor Suffolk FA’s Premier Cup competition
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich-based commercial mowing equipment manufacturer Ransomes Jacobsen has agreed to sponsor the Suffolk Football Association’s Suffolk Premier Cup competition.
The company, whose turf maintenance equipment has been used at some of the world’s biggest sporting occasions including the FIFA World Cup, will become sponsor for the rest of this season’s competition, which is now at the semi-final stage, and for the whole of the 2014-15 campaign.
Sam Cassidy, UK & Ireland marketing manager at Ransomes Jacobsen, said: “As probably the oldest business operating from the county town of Suffolk, we are delighted to have signed this agreement with the Suffolk FA.
“We see it as part of our social responsibility to support the town and the county that has been our home for the past 180 years and provided us with generations of loyal staff.
“Supporting sport at grass roots level is not new to us; we have supported Suffolk Schools’ Golf, Suffolk Junior Golf and various individual sports people across the county.
“The Premier Cup competition is now at the semi-final stage and we extend our best wishes to Bury Town, Felixstowe & Walton United, Leiston and Needham Market, when they compete in the semi-finals early in March.”
Suffolk FA chief executive Laura Smith added: “We are delighted to attract such a big name, with a long and successful association to the county, to sponsor the competition.
- 1 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 2 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
- 3 'Inspiring and brilliant' Suffolk pilot, 21, died from an infected insect sting
- 4 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 5 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 6 Much-loved Stowmarket shop to re-open at new premises
- 7 New grazing restaurant opening on Suffolk high street this week
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 Woman rescued after being swept out to sea off Suffolk coast
- 10 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
“The Premier Cup is the most prestigious of our 15 county cup competitions, as it is contested by our highest-ranked clubs, and we now have a sponsor to match. We are very much looking forward to working with Ransomes Jacobsen in the future.”
Ransomes Jacobsen has also supplied equipment used at many leading UK sportinig venues, including the Twickenham and Murrayfield rugby stadiums and the the FA’s National Training Centre at St George’s Park near Burton-on-Trent.
Its machines are also used by many
Premier League football clubs including Everton, Tottenham, Newcastle United and Arsenal, and the company also has a major sponsorship agreement with Ipswich Town.