New social media app launched to the trade
- Credit: IJYI
Ipswich-based software company IJYI and Screen Systems have been working together to create an innovative app for automatic captioning for social media publishing.
Working with Screen Systems, a leader in the subtitling and information services market, IJYI built the automatic captioning app and it was launched to the technology industry in Holland.
As more and more content is being consumed via video on social media and YouTube, Screen Systems were seeing an increased demand for subtitling services for smaller organisations, vloggers, companies and individuals who are producing content not for television or film but for an online audience.
The Sasquatch project was born out of the need to provide these online publishers with a high-quality subtitling platform.
IBC is the world’s most influential media, entertainment and technology show.
You may also want to watch:
The IJYI team travelled out to Amsterdam in September to accompany Screen Systems and demo the Sasquatch software.
Chris Pont, Co-Founder and Director of IJYI said: “Supporting Screen Systems at IBC was a fantastic experience, the event itself was at a huge scale and attended by all of the major broadcasting and media tech companies. Sasquatch was received very well indeed, with demos happening throughout the event. The product was even shortlisted for the consume category at the Broadcast and Media awards.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Ashton reveals season ticket sales and hails impact of Ed Sheeran sponsorship
When working with Screen Systems IJYI employed Agile processes to work collaboratively from requirement gathering through to build, test and deployment. IJYI worked closely with Screen Systems to fully understand their requirements and objectives for the project.
Screen Systems were keen to move from more traditional software development practices to an Iterative Agile Process. The Sasquatch project was to be used as a showcase to trial Agile methods and to see how it would work for Screen Systems across the business.