Ipswich: Software specialist SCS joins UKTI Export Insight mission
- Credit: Archant
SEVEN companies from the East of England have taken part in their first overseas visit under the Government-backed Export Insight programme.
Representatives from the firms, including Ipswich-based software specialist SCS, were able to make new contacts and examine sales opportunities across France.
Export Insight visits are intended for businesses which have never sold their goods or services overseas and are run by UK Trade & Investment (UKTI).
Introductory visits cost just £99, and the programme also includes free local workshops to help get firms “export ready”.
Liz Basing, eastern regional director for UKTI, said: “Those first stages of exporting can seem a step into the unknown. Questions about resources both cost and time, language and different cultures and business practices can make overseas trade a daunting prospect.
“But our new ‘Export Insight’ visits to many European destinations are designed to help address these questions by introducing novice and non-exporters to the principles of international trade and showing them what help is on hand from UKTI to make that leap less daunting.”
She added: “Even before that stage, our ‘Is exporting for you?’ workshops, in partnership with the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN), can give companies the information they need to make an informed decision about whether exporting is right for their business or not.”
- 1 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 2 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 3 Suspected drink driver arrested after three cars damaged in crash
- 4 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 5 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 6 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 7 Dobra signs for Cook's Chesterfield after Ipswich departure
- 8 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 9 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
- 10 Woman in 30s seriously injured after crash in south Suffolk
For further information on the programme of Export Insight visits to Europe including eligibility criteria go to http://www.embltd.co.uk/ukti/ .