Ipswich: Steel stockholder and scaffolding specialist Brisko to create 100 new jobs
- Credit: Archant
Steel stockholder and scaffolding specialist Brisko Metals plans to create 100 new jobs in Ipswich after acquiring an 11-acre site for development.
Brisko, which is based in Kingston-upon-Thames and already has a site at Claydon, has purchased the land in Sproughton Road from Hanson plc, which will lease back 1.5 acres to continue its concrete business on the site.
The deal was negotiated by Ipswich-based commerical property specialist Penn Commercial which was instructed by Brisko to carry out a search for a suitable site for expansion close to the Port Of Felixstowe.
Paul Keen of Penn Commercial said: “This is a good deal for all parties. Hanson keeps its presence in the town and Brisko can expand its operation close to its other local sites. It was important to Brisko to be close to Felixstowe as it imports from United Arab Emirates, India and China, and holds stock ready for ‘just in time’ export to the Middle East and Europe.”
The new jobs are expected to be created over the next two years as the business grows. European Warehousing will be handling and distributing steel from the site.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Chapman of Hanson said: “This is a deal that works well for everyone. I would like to emphasise that there is no impact on what we do. We will be retaining and continuing the Hanson ready mix concrete business on the site.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex