Two new pizza restaurants 'coming soon' to Ipswich
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Ipswich is set to welcome two new pizza restaurants.
Fireaway Pizza and Pizza Nappoo Pasta will soon be welcoming their first customers in the heart of Ipswich town centre.
Authentic Italian pizza chain, Fireaway Pizza, is moving into the former Jennings Bet in Upper Brook Street, which closed last year.
The chain, which describes itself as "the home of the Nutella pizza", applied for planning permission to turn the former bookmakers, in Upper Brook Street, into a restaurant and takeaway in November of last year.
In February, Ipswich Borough Council granted full planning permission.
Fireaway Pizza was launched five years ago by Mario Aleppo in south London and now has 61 stores nationwide.
The opening date of the pizza restaurant is not yet clear, however signs have been installed at the shop front and work has been going on inside.
Meanwhile, signs have also been put up for a new pizza and pasta place in Northgate Street, in the former An Vietnamese restaurant.
Pizza Nappoo Pasta is set to take over the old Vietnamese restaurant.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 6 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 Restaurant launches giant cheesecake and cookie company
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
An opening date has not yet been revealed.