Ipswich: UCS students to shine spotlight on sustainability
STUDENTS at University Campus Suffolk are aiming to highlight new business opportunities related to the sustainability agenda.
The students, from the UCS School of Business, Leadership and Enterprise, are staging a breakfast-time conference and networking event later this month featuring a number of top speakers from around the region.
Besides updating delegates on business opportunities, the event will also focus on cost savings which firms can achieve through a more sustainable approach to business.
Speakers will include Chris Tuppen, senior partner at Advancing Sustainability, Iain Dunnett, low carbon development manager for Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, and Mike Saks, provost and chief executive at UCS.
There will also be a professionally-facilitated “Open Space” discussion, with the views of local businesses being fed into the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership’s Green Economy Pathfinder project.
You may also want to watch:
This will be establishing a strategy for “greening” the economy, regionally and nationally.
The conference, which is supported by Trinity Park Events, White Space Design, Archant, Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, the Haven Gateway Partnership and business coach Greta Irving, is at Trinity Park, Ipswich, on Friday, March 30, from 8am to 10.30am, with breakfast from 7.30am,
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
To book, visit www.eventelephant.com/sustainability takecontrol.
For further details, call Steve Marsden on 01473 338499 or email sustainability@ ucs.ac.uk .