Ipswich: US role for Ransomes boss David Withers
THE boss of Ipswich-based turf care equipment manufacturer Ransomes Jacobsen has been appointed to a senior role within the firm’s US parent group, based in North Carolina.
David Withers, managing director at Ransomes Jacobsen since 2005, is to become president of Jacobsen business from October 1.
He said: “I’m very excited about this opportunity. Having worked in the golf and turf maintenance industry for over 25 years, 19 of those with the Jacobsen team, this appointment is what I have always aspired to.
“I look forward to working with the team, growing our market share around the world and continuing Jacobsen’s leadership in turf maintenance products.”
In his current role at Ransomes Jacobsen, Mr Withers has been responsible for overseeing operations for all Jacobsen brands outside of the United States as well as is sister brand E-Z-GO in Europe.
You may also want to watch:
He joined Jacobsen as a regional sales manager in the UK in 1992 and four years latger was promoted to the role of national accounts manager, in which he focused on developing business with key customers across Europe.
In 2002 he was promoted to the position of sales and marketing director, before being appointed managing director of Ransomes Jacobsen in January 2005.
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
Scott Donnelly, chief executive of Jacobsen partent groupTextron, said: “David is a proven leader in the golf and turf industry and is highly respected amongst his peers and customers.
“With his broad international experience, which spans over 45 countries, and his strong track record in business development and operational excellence, I am confident that he is the right person to maximize the growth opportunities that lie ahead for Jacobsen.”
In his new role, Mr Withers will succeed Dan Wilkinson, who is retiring after 14 years of service with Textron.
The Jacobsen, Ransomes Jacobsen and E-Z-GO brands are part of the multi-industry group Textron Inc, which also includes the Bell Helicopters and Cessna Aircraft companies.