Ipswich: Vitavia Greenhouses and Haven Power to sponsor Suffolk FA competitions
- Credit: Archant
Greenhouse manufacturer Vitavia Garden Products, which is based in Ipswich, is to sponsor the Suffolk FA Veteran’ Cup for 2014-15.
The company, part of the Vitavia Europe group, was attracted to the competition by the 35-plus age profile of the players involved.
Tony Hutchinson, who is a director of Vitavia Garden Products, along with his sons John and Robbie, said: “Around 75% of our customer profile are 50-plus, but a lot of younger people are getting into gardening.
“You can’t open a newspaper or turn on the TV without someone like chef Nigel Slater encouraging you to grow your own, and there is also a waiting list for allotment societies.
“I grew up with a greenhouse in the garden, and more and more young people are getting into the market now. They like the fact they can grow organically as there are a lot of health advantages.”
You may also want to watch:
The draw for the first round of the competition, to be styled the Suffolk FA Veterans’ Cup sponsored by Vitavia Greenhouses, is due to be announced next week.
The deal follows closely on an agreement by Ipswich-based energy retailer Haven Power to sponsor the Suffolk FA Monday Night Football League in Ipswich for the next year.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 7 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 8 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 9 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 10 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
Besides fielding a team in the league, of which it was a founder member, Haven Power is to sponsor the 2014 summer and winter seasons and the 2015 spring season.
Richard Robey, sales and marketing director at Haven Power, said: “We have always got involved with local sports and this is a great opportunity for Haven to support the community.
“We have some avid sports fans, and sports men and women, working with us, so to sponsor the league and it be known as the ‘Haven Power Suffolk FA Monday Night Football League’ is something we’re proud to do and delighted to be a part of.”