Ipswich: Vitavia Greenhouses and Haven Power to sponsor Suffolk FA competitions
- Credit: Archant
Greenhouse manufacturer Vitavia Garden Products, which is based in Ipswich, is to sponsor the Suffolk FA Veteran’ Cup for 2014-15.
The company, part of the Vitavia Europe group, was attracted to the competition by the 35-plus age profile of the players involved.
Tony Hutchinson, who is a director of Vitavia Garden Products, along with his sons John and Robbie, said: “Around 75% of our customer profile are 50-plus, but a lot of younger people are getting into gardening.
“You can’t open a newspaper or turn on the TV without someone like chef Nigel Slater encouraging you to grow your own, and there is also a waiting list for allotment societies.
“I grew up with a greenhouse in the garden, and more and more young people are getting into the market now. They like the fact they can grow organically as there are a lot of health advantages.”
The draw for the first round of the competition, to be styled the Suffolk FA Veterans’ Cup sponsored by Vitavia Greenhouses, is due to be announced next week.
The deal follows closely on an agreement by Ipswich-based energy retailer Haven Power to sponsor the Suffolk FA Monday Night Football League in Ipswich for the next year.
- 1 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 2 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 3 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 4 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 5 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 6 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 7 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 8 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 9 New owners of west Suffolk sandwich shop promise 'food full of passion'
- 10 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
Besides fielding a team in the league, of which it was a founder member, Haven Power is to sponsor the 2014 summer and winter seasons and the 2015 spring season.
Richard Robey, sales and marketing director at Haven Power, said: “We have always got involved with local sports and this is a great opportunity for Haven to support the community.
“We have some avid sports fans, and sports men and women, working with us, so to sponsor the league and it be known as the ‘Haven Power Suffolk FA Monday Night Football League’ is something we’re proud to do and delighted to be a part of.”