Ipswich Waterfront building sold for £775,000.
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Waterfront restaurant building - close to Isaacs, The Bistro on the Quay and The Salthouse Harbour Hotel - is sold at auction.
A prominent Ipswich Waterfront building - Christies Warehouse - has been sold at auction for £775,000.
Christies Warehouse is situated between the Bistro on the Quay and Isaacs on the Quay and so is at the heart of Waterfront regeneration area.
It is part let as offices, but is described as a leisure development opportunity, as it overlooks the quayside at Wherry Wharf and the marina.
It also has recent planning permission granted for restaurant or bar use.
It was sold at auction by Acuitus Ltd of London, Commercial Property Auctions, for £775,000.Duncan Lamb for the auctioneers said; “There was a good deal of interest in this building and that was reflected in the price achieved.
“This is a very interesting part of Ipswich, in the way it is developing for leisure and shopping, and this has permission for restaurant use.
- 1 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 2 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 3 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 4 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 5 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 6 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 7 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 8 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 9 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 10 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
“It produces £14,000 a year as offices but clearly has the opportunity, as a restaurant, to earn a lot more than that.”