Ipswich Waterfront building sold for £775,000.
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Waterfront restaurant building - close to Isaacs, The Bistro on the Quay and The Salthouse Harbour Hotel - is sold at auction.
A prominent Ipswich Waterfront building - Christies Warehouse - has been sold at auction for £775,000.
Christies Warehouse is situated between the Bistro on the Quay and Isaacs on the Quay and so is at the heart of Waterfront regeneration area.
It is part let as offices, but is described as a leisure development opportunity, as it overlooks the quayside at Wherry Wharf and the marina.
It also has recent planning permission granted for restaurant or bar use.
You may also want to watch:
It was sold at auction by Acuitus Ltd of London, Commercial Property Auctions, for £775,000.Duncan Lamb for the auctioneers said; “There was a good deal of interest in this building and that was reflected in the price achieved.
“This is a very interesting part of Ipswich, in the way it is developing for leisure and shopping, and this has permission for restaurant use.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 6 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
“It produces £14,000 a year as offices but clearly has the opportunity, as a restaurant, to earn a lot more than that.”