Ipswich Waterfront is alive with the sound of builders at work
- Credit: contributed
Family launches new Anytime Fitness gym
Ipswich Waterfront is alive with the sound of builders at work on several different projects.
There is major investment in the area again.
Latest to get underway is the conversion of one of the historic properties into the Anytime Fitness gym, by the quayside.
New investment, building and conversion work is on the way providing jobs and new venues.
Builders are working at Isaacs and the former Quayside bar, both providing new restaurant spaces.
A little further along the quayside another existing building is being converted into a new high-tech gym, with views over the marinas.
- 1 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 2 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
- 3 'Inspiring and brilliant' Suffolk pilot, 21, died from an infected insect sting
- 4 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 5 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 6 Much-loved Stowmarket shop to re-open at new premises
- 7 New grazing restaurant opening on Suffolk high street this week
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 Woman rescued after being swept out to sea off Suffolk coast
- 10 Dobra's the latest youngster to exit Town... the attacker no longer fits the Blues' timeline
It is close to the Waterfront Bar and Bistro.
Chris and Deborah Hayden, who live locally, are aiming to open their Anytime Fitness gym in March.
The builders are inside fitting it out, and installing showers and changing rooms and then the lastest gym high-tech equipment.
Deborah took me inside to show me the progress - and the views from the windows.
Deborah Hayden said Chris had left the business “rat-race” to launch this, their retirement business.
“It is part of our retirement to start this new business.
“It is all very exciting. It is a massive investment for us.
“Chris has travelled with business, all over the world. And we lived for two years Laguna Beach, California - where people take their health and fitness very seriously.
“But we love Suffolk and we wanted to do something here.
“This gym is the result of that.”
Anytime Fitness was a franchise with a strong healthy living ethic, she said.
“We have taken the franchise for Ipswich and Norwich and this is the first to open.
“There are 2,700 Anytime Fitness gyms around the world, including three new ones in London. When you join us wherever you go in the world, and there is a gym you can go there.
“Everyone at Anytime Fitness is focussed on fitness. We want people to see it as different way of life, and stick with it.”
Chris said: “It is a major investment for us.
“We have 4,600 sq ft on the ground floor and another 1,200 sq ft on the first floor.”
“It will have top of the range Life Fitness equipment too,” added Deborah.
They were very pleased to be opening at the Waterfront.
Deborah added: “It is absolute heaven. It is lovely here, every time of the day and night.
“We have a lovely environment with views over the water.
“There is such a lot happening here - with the `Wine rack’ to be completed as well.