Ipswich/Waveney: Firms urged to register to back New Anglia LEP grant funding bid
NEW Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is urging businesses in need of investment to get in touch.
THe LEP is bidding for Government cash to create a Business Growth Fund to help businesses in the Ipswich, Waveney, Great Yarmouth and Norwich local authority areas to expand and take on staff.
If ther bid is successful, the fund will offer grants of between �50,000 and �150,000, with businesses required to match every �1 awarded with �4 of their own finance, which could iniclude bank or other loan finance.
“Our bid will be in competition with other parts of the country, and in order to show the Government our area needs the funds, we are calling on businesses who might be interested to get in touch,” said a spokesman for the LEP. We want to hear from businesses who might be interested if the funding was available.”
New Anglia chairman Andy Wood said: “Our role is to support businesses and help them grow. We know businesses cannot always access the finance they need to grow and this fund is designed to help close that gap.”
You may also want to watch:
To register interest, businesses need to complete a short online survey, which closes on Friday, June 8.
It can be accessed at www.newanglia.co.uk or www.surveymonkey.com/s/C9SP55Z .
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 8 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 9 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 10 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket