IT firm changes hands in £3.2m deal
A SUFFOLK IT communications firm has been sold to a London-based IT services group in a deal worth nearly £3.2million. Q\Dos, based at Great Blakenham, was acquired by Hilton Head plc, a PLUS (formerly Ofex) traded business.
A SUFFOLK IT communications firm has been sold to a London-based IT services group in a deal worth nearly £3.2million.
Q\Dos, based at Great Blakenham, was acquired by Hilton Head plc, a PLUS (formerly Ofex) traded business.
Hilton says its aim is to bring together some of the best regional companies in the UK to build a national-recognised and trusted brand servicing small and medium-sized firms and giving them better access to emerging technologies.
Q\Dos, which is one of the region's leading providers of voice and data solutions and has customers throughout East Anglia, as well as in London and the south east, said it wanted to become part of a larger group in order to exploit its knowledge and skills further and grow the business.
You may also want to watch:
Its range of services includes surveying clients' needs to designing and installing a completely new system, with call management, routing, maintenance and service support.
Hilton, whose subsidiaries also include Bury St Edmunds-based Sicon, described the deal as “an ideal fit”.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
Miles Berkeley, chairman of Hilton Head, said: “Q\Dos's consultancy-led approach and its proven underlying profitability make it an ideal fit with Hilton Head. We see Q\Dos working closely with our other East Anglian subsidiary, Sicon, to grow market share and expand throughout the region and the south east.”
Matthew Lidbetter, managing director of Q\Dos, said: “Q\Dos has grown into one of the largest providers of voice and data solutions in the region and we are now focused on developments taking place in the VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) arena.
“To exploit our knowledge and skills further, we decided that we should become part of a larger group.
“Joining Hilton Head will enable us to grow our business further, benefit from considerable cross-selling opportunities and profit from the potential economies of scale.”