JOHN “Jack” Bootyman has been promoted to workshop manager at Speedy Hire Eastern.He joined Ipswich-based firm ScanHire in 1991 as a driver/cleaner, delivering and cleaning the site cabins the business hired out.
JOHN “Jack” Bootyman has been promoted to workshop manager at Speedy Hire Eastern.
He joined Ipswich-based firm ScanHire in 1991 as a driver/cleaner, delivering and cleaning the site cabins the business hired out.
When Speedy Hire, which has its headquarters in Bury St Edmunds, bought the business in 1996, he became a fitter based at Wright Road, Ipswich. He progressed from there to workshop manager.
Mr Bootyman's latest promotion gives him responsibility for all Speedy Hire workshops, covering 51 depots from Reading to Boston.
You may also want to watch:
Ken Pearson, who joined Kendrick Hire at Wright Road as a 16-year-old trainee fitter in 1986, succeeds Mr Bootyman as Ipswich workshop manager, having become assistant workshop manager when Speedy Hire bought Kendricks in 1994.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex