Half a Grade II listed house in Constable country is for sale for £1.3m
- Credit: Archant
Half of a Grade II listed house in Constable country is on the market for £1.3 million.
The eastern half of Dalethorpe House in Dedham, known as Dalethorpe, comprises most of a substantial Georgian extension to the original property.
In its entirety the house is Grade II listed and is understood to date from the 18th century.
According to the estate agents, the property requires a program of refurbishment.
The front door is under a columned portico.
You may also want to watch:
On the ground floor there are 12ft high ceilings and full height sash windows that give views across nearby National Trust parkland and over the Dedham Vale and Stour Valley.
There is also a hexagonal Victorian conservatory.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
On the other side of the hall is a library and kitchen. A cellar, which requires renovation, can be accessed from outside the kitchen.
Up the sweeping staircase, are four bedrooms as well as a laundry room.
In the attic there are two further bedrooms.
Outside, there is a triple garage and gardens totalling around 1.5 acres.
The property is being marketed by Jackson & Stops for £1.3 million.