Half a Grade II listed house in Constable country is for sale for £1.3m
- Credit: Archant
Half of a Grade II listed house in Constable country is on the market for £1.3 million.
The eastern half of Dalethorpe House in Dedham, known as Dalethorpe, comprises most of a substantial Georgian extension to the original property.
In its entirety the house is Grade II listed and is understood to date from the 18th century.
According to the estate agents, the property requires a program of refurbishment.
The front door is under a columned portico.
On the ground floor there are 12ft high ceilings and full height sash windows that give views across nearby National Trust parkland and over the Dedham Vale and Stour Valley.
There is also a hexagonal Victorian conservatory.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 4 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 7 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 8 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee Flypast to pass over Suffolk
On the other side of the hall is a library and kitchen. A cellar, which requires renovation, can be accessed from outside the kitchen.
Up the sweeping staircase, are four bedrooms as well as a laundry room.
In the attic there are two further bedrooms.
Outside, there is a triple garage and gardens totalling around 1.5 acres.
The property is being marketed by Jackson & Stops for £1.3 million.