COLCHESTER chartered accountant Jacqueline Frost has scooped an award for her voluntary work.Ms Frost, of Baker Chapman and Bussey, was presented with the Members in Practice Award at the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) Everybody Counts Awards.
COLCHESTER chartered accountant Jacqueline Frost has scooped an award for her voluntary work.
Ms Frost, of Baker Chapman and Bussey, was presented with the Members in Practice Award at the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) Everybody Counts Awards.
The winners of the award were presented with a certificate and £2,000 for the charity of community project they work with.
Ms Frost won the accolade for her work with Colchester Youth Enquiry Service (YES), a counselling service for young people.
She first became involved with the charity when she was asked to help them create a business plan, and became treasurer in 2005, company secretary in 2006 and director in 2007.
She was involved in the charity's move to new premises, as well as staff appraisals, grant applications and ensuring documentation is up to date.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 8 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
“YES has been going through a period of uncertainty, with funding becoming increasingly difficult to predict and also moving to new premises in May 2007,” she said.
“All charities survive due to team work from trustees and staff, particularly when the future looks uncertain. Without everyone's commitment, Colchester YES would not have survived and I would not have been receiving this award.”