PUB chef James Rogers has scooped a trio of awards at the 2008 PubChef Food Excellence awards.Mr Rogers, of The Dog at Grundisburgh, near Woodbridge, picked up the Global Cuisine and the Pub Classics categories at the prestigious event, held at the Dorchester Hotel in London.
PUB chef James Rogers has scooped a trio of awards at the 2008 PubChef Food Excellence awards.
Mr Rogers, of The Dog at Grundisburgh, near Woodbridge, picked up the Global Cuisine and the Pub Classics categories at the prestigious event, held at the Dorchester Hotel in London.
He also took the Team category award along with colleague Sam Browes.
He cooked up a Tandoori baked rabbit in the Global Cuisine awards, and a venison liver and bacon dish for the Pub Classics category.
You may also want to watch:
For the Team event, he and Mr Browes made a smoked trout soup, wild venison Wellington with game pate and crème caramel.
Jo Bruce, editor of PubChef said: “Standards were higher than ever this year, and the category winners had to work unbelievably hard to impress our judges. Winning a PubChef Food Excellence award is a great achievement, winning three is outstanding.”
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light