EU grant boosts Suffolk drinks firm before Brexit
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk drinks firm has used a European grant to expand its facilities and invest in a new production line.
James White Drinks received support from the European Agriculture Fun for Rural Development to aid its continued innovation.
Investment has gone into a new production line for the 70ml Beet It and Zinger shot ranges, installed at James White's production site in Ashbocking, Suffolk.
MORE: Is this Suffolk petrol station the best in Britain?The company now has the capability to produce more than six million shot bottles a year, strengthening its position in the functional drinks market, targeting busy on-the-go consumers, looking for high quality, fit-for-purpose drinks in a convenient format.
Managing director Lawrence Mallinson said: "It is vital for us to continuously invest in our facilities to ensure we are able meet this increasing demand and stay competitive, especially at this time of Brexit uncertainty. As currently the only UK manufacturer of beetroot juice, we are particularly determined to maintain Beet It's position as the UK's leading beetroot juice brand."
The funding has also allowed James White Drinks to invest in an expanded storage facility in Ashbocking, to press and store more beetroot juice for its Beet It Organic and Beet It Sport ranges.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mallison added: "In addition to bringing new jobs to the area, this storage expansion will also strengthen our partnership with the local East Anglian farmers from who we buy most of our organic beetroots."
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 6 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 7 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 8 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 9 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go