JD Sports to open new store in Bury St Edmunds before Christmas
- Credit: PA
JD Sports will open a new store in a vacant unit at Bury St Edmunds’ Arc shopping centre in time for Christmas.
The sportswear and trainer retailer will take over the store that was vacated by HMV earlier this year.
The new shop is expected to open on November 21.
Steve Bunce, centre manager at Arc, said: “We are delighted to welcome JD Sports to arc shopping centre.
“This enhanced investment is proof of the strength of the retail offer in Bury St Edmunds, and is a further reward to our customers for the loyalty that they continue to show, both to arc as well as the town centre as a whole.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to the opening of the new store in November.
JD Sports currently has a shop on the Buttermarket in Bury St Edmunds, but had long been rumoured to be taking up the a spot in the Arc.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 10 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
HMV blamed high business rates for the closure of its Arc store in January this year.