A SITE manager working in Essex has scooped a top industry award for the third time in four years.Jeremy Cook, site manager at Mersea Homes' Wellhouse Green development on Mersea Island, has received a National House Building Council Quality Award.
A SITE manager working in Essex has scooped a top industry award for the third time in four years.
Jeremy Cook, site manager at Mersea Homes' Wellhouse Green development on Mersea Island, has received a National House Building Council Quality Award.
The annual awards are aimed at encouraging and rewarding site managers who demonstrate an outstanding commitment to achieving the highest quality of workmanship of their sites. More than 18,000 sites across the country were eligible for the awards.
Mr Cook, 39, of Holton St Mary on the Essex/Suffolk border, joined Mersea Homes in 2004 but has worked in the construction industry for 21 years.
You may also want to watch:
“From a personal point of view, it is obviously very gratifying to be recognised for a third time. However, this award is really all about the superb team we have here on the site at Wellhouse Green,” he said.
“For a site to run smoothly, everyone has to talk to each other and work closely as a team, and that's what happens here.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
Last year, Mr Cook went on to win an NHBC Seal of Excellence award, putting him among the top 100 site managers in the country. He will find out if he has repeated this achievement in September.