Jet2.com adds Halkidiki, Kefalonia, Costa de Almeria, Bodrum and Verona to Stansted summer 2018 schedule
- Credit: Archant
Leisure airline Jet2.com has unveiled plans for a major expansion at Stansted – just week after launching its first flights from the airport.
Jet2.com and its package tour sister company Jet2holidays are to add five new destinations to their schedule at Stansted for summer 2018, and increase frequencies on several other routes.
The new destinations will include Halkidiki and Kefalonia in Greece and Costa de Almeria in Spain (all with two services every week) and Bodrum in Turkey and Verona in Italy (each with one service a week).
There will also be significant increases in capacity for summer 2018 on routes including Tenerife and Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands, Alicante in Spain, Majorca and Menorca in the Balearics, Dalaman and Antalya in Turkey, Larnaca and Paphos in Cyprus and Split and Dubrovnik in Croatia.
The expanded schedule also means that Jet2.com will be flying to a total of seven Greek destinations from Stansted next summer, more than any other airline.
Two additional Boeing 737-800 aircraft will come into operation at Stansted to support the expanded 2018 programme, which the company says following a “fantastic” response by customers to the launch of its first services from Stansted last month.
Steve Heapy, chief executive of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “Our award-winning flights and holidays have arrived in style at London Stansted Airport with people across the region welcoming our offer of real package holidays and family friendly flights.
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 3 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 4 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
- 5 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory over MK Dons
- 7 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 8 Man suffers head injuries after being 'seriously' assaulted by 'several' men
- 9 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 10 'A really special effort' - McKenna's verdict on 3-0 win v MK Dons
“On the back of this, we are delighted to be announcing a hugely expanded Summer 18 programme, giving holidaymakers across the region access to a fantastic choice of sun and city destinations.
“Such success in a brand new base shows that our formula is the right one with customers, so as well as looking forward to our first summer at London Stansted Airport this year, we are already making big plans for Summer 18.”
Andrew Cowan, Stansted Airport chief executive, added: “Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have already proved to be incredibly popular since launching from London Stansted for the first time last month.
“Their latest announcement about a significant increase in services for Summer 18 is fantastic news for Stansted and a clear demonstration of the strength of demand that exists for passengers from right across the East of England and London to fly to these exciting destinations from their local airport.”