Jet2.com to create 120 more jobs at London Stansted
- Credit: Archant
Leisure airline Jet2.com has announced the creation of 120 new jobs as it celebrates a successful first year of operations at London Stansted Airport.
Jet2’s first flights from Stansted took off on March 30 last year and it now serves 37 destinations from the base.
Further growth this summer will see the number of Jet2 aircraft based at Stansted rise to nine, compared with six at the start, and the number of staff increase to more than 550, against 250 at launch.
This total will include 120 newly-announced ground operation roles and cabin crew positions.
Steve Heapy, chief executive of Jet2.com and sister brand Jet2holidays, said: “Our first year at London Stansted has been a great success, and we are delighted at how well our flights and holidays have been received by customers in the South of England.
You may also want to watch:
“The Jet2.com and Jet2holidays team has worked tremendously hard to make London Stansted such a success, and I am pleased to announce that we are growing our team even more today.”
Martin Jones, London Stansted’s commercial director, added: “Jet2.com’s base at London Stansted has been a huge success during its first year. The growth of Jet2.com’s offering from Stansted is testament to how popular they are with the region’s passengers and we are happy to be marking this milestone with them.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
“London Stansted is set to be the fastest growing airport serving London in 2018, and Jet2.com is playing a significant part in that growth with 60% more seats available this summer.”