Jet2.com to create 120 more jobs at London Stansted
- Credit: Archant
Leisure airline Jet2.com has announced the creation of 120 new jobs as it celebrates a successful first year of operations at London Stansted Airport.
Jet2’s first flights from Stansted took off on March 30 last year and it now serves 37 destinations from the base.
Further growth this summer will see the number of Jet2 aircraft based at Stansted rise to nine, compared with six at the start, and the number of staff increase to more than 550, against 250 at launch.
This total will include 120 newly-announced ground operation roles and cabin crew positions.
Steve Heapy, chief executive of Jet2.com and sister brand Jet2holidays, said: “Our first year at London Stansted has been a great success, and we are delighted at how well our flights and holidays have been received by customers in the South of England.
“The Jet2.com and Jet2holidays team has worked tremendously hard to make London Stansted such a success, and I am pleased to announce that we are growing our team even more today.”
Martin Jones, London Stansted’s commercial director, added: “Jet2.com’s base at London Stansted has been a huge success during its first year. The growth of Jet2.com’s offering from Stansted is testament to how popular they are with the region’s passengers and we are happy to be marking this milestone with them.
- 1 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 2 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 5 Indiana Jones-inspired metal detectorist finds £65k Roman hoard
- 6 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 7 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 8 Big sales, Bosmans and 'mutual consent' - Why contracts are a balancing act
- 9 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 10 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
“London Stansted is set to be the fastest growing airport serving London in 2018, and Jet2.com is playing a significant part in that growth with 60% more seats available this summer.”