Jet2.com to create more new jobs at London Stansted Airport
- Credit: Professional Images
Leisure airline Jet2.com is to create more new flight deck, cabin crew and ground operations jobs at Stansted Airport with the addition of a 10th aircraft to its 2018 summer schedule.
This is in addition 120 new roles announced last month as Jet2 celebrated a successful first year at Stansted by unveiling a summer schedule involving nine aircraft, compared with six at the start.
The latest expansion means there will be an additional 50,000 seats available on Jet2 flights at Stansted this summer, with plans for an extra 40,000 places in the winder 2018-19 schedule.
Jet2 will serve 33 destinations from Stansted this summer, with additional flights on routes including Lanzarote, Tenerife, Majorca, Menorca, Reus, Faro, Corfu, Zante, Dalaman and Antalya, and 26 next winter, including a new ski route to Turin.
Jet2 has already flow more than 1m customers to and from Stansted since launching its base there in March 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Heapy, chief executive of Jet2.com and sister company Jet2holidays, said: “The addition of a tenth based aircraft at London Stansted means we are creating even more new jobs in the local area, and are adding more choice, including the launch of a fantastic new ski route to Turin.
“Since we launched in the South of England, we have been constantly adding more choice for holidaymakers with our award-winning airline and tour operator, and that is down to the continued demand that we have seen from customers.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club