Jewson builds East Anglia presence
Suffolk-based builders' merchant Connells Building Supplies has been acquired for an undisclosed sum by national rival Jewsons.Connells, which is based at Monk Soham, near Framlingham, and also has sites in Ipswich, Woodbridge and Stowmarket, will continue to operate under its own identity.
Suffolk-based builders' merchant Connells Building Supplies has been acquired for an undisclosed sum by national rival Jewsons.
Connells, which is based at Monk Soham, near Framlingham, and also has sites in Ipswich, Woodbridge and Stowmarket, will continue to operate under its own identity.
A spokesman for Jewson, which has more than 450 branches across the UK and is part of the French-based Saint-Gobain group, declined to reveal the sum paid for Connells but it is understood to run to several million pounds.
The spokesman said: “I can confirm that Jewson has recently acquired Connells, the Suffolk-based builders' merchant.
You may also want to watch:
“The business will continue to trade as Connells and we're pleased that the owner has agreed to stay with the company and oversee the day to day running. I can assure all Connells' existing and future customers that it's business as usual.”
Other brands in building materials and interior design associated with Jewson in the UK include Graham, Frazer, Ashworth, George Boyd, Platform Building Materials, International Timber, International Decorative Surfaces, United Ceramic Tiles, World's End Tiles, Calders & Grandidge and PDM
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!