Jobs created as store opens in Halstead
SAINSBURY'S is set to create new jobs as it opens a new store in Halstead high street in north Essex tomorrow .The supermarket giant, which acquired the building in May, is creating 23 new jobs in addition to the 70 staff transferring from previous site owners Somerfield.
SAINSBURY'S is set to create new jobs as it opens a new store in Halstead high street in north Essex tomorrow .
The supermarket giant, which acquired the building in May, is creating 23 new jobs in addition to the 70 staff transferring from previous site owners Somerfield.
The 10,000sq ft store has undergone a major refurbishment and now includes an improved car park, a bakery and four self-scan checkouts for customers with fewer items.
The opening ceremony will be performed by Halstead mayor Councillor David Hume.
“I'm really pleased to join in the launch celebration,” he said. “I've been looking forward to the opening and delighted to welcome Sainsbury's to our town.”
Volunteer group Halstead in Bloom has created two new floral displays in orange and purple to celebrated the store's opening.
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 5 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 6 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 7 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 8 A12 closed as air ambulance called to crash involving three lorries
- 9 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 10 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
Store manager Andy Deacon said: “We're proud of our new store but the best part is meeting the local community. Everyone's so friendly and we're looking forward to making a positive difference. We'd like to say a special thank you to Councillor David Hume and Halstead in Bloom for their warn welcome.”
Doors will open at 9am and the first 200 customers will receive a Sainsbury's goody bag.