Jobs created as store opens in Halstead
SAINSBURY'S is set to create new jobs as it opens a new store in Halstead high street in north Essex tomorrow .The supermarket giant, which acquired the building in May, is creating 23 new jobs in addition to the 70 staff transferring from previous site owners Somerfield.
SAINSBURY'S is set to create new jobs as it opens a new store in Halstead high street in north Essex tomorrow .
The supermarket giant, which acquired the building in May, is creating 23 new jobs in addition to the 70 staff transferring from previous site owners Somerfield.
The 10,000sq ft store has undergone a major refurbishment and now includes an improved car park, a bakery and four self-scan checkouts for customers with fewer items.
The opening ceremony will be performed by Halstead mayor Councillor David Hume.
You may also want to watch:
“I'm really pleased to join in the launch celebration,” he said. “I've been looking forward to the opening and delighted to welcome Sainsbury's to our town.”
Volunteer group Halstead in Bloom has created two new floral displays in orange and purple to celebrated the store's opening.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 Woman's body found in village home
- 8 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 9 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 10 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
Store manager Andy Deacon said: “We're proud of our new store but the best part is meeting the local community. Everyone's so friendly and we're looking forward to making a positive difference. We'd like to say a special thank you to Councillor David Hume and Halstead in Bloom for their warn welcome.”
Doors will open at 9am and the first 200 customers will receive a Sainsbury's goody bag.