Jobs go in Bury St Edmunds as The Ask Group Ltd goes into liquidation
- Credit: Archant
A west Suffolk print and translation business has gone into liquidation with the loss of seven jobs.
A meeting of creditors of The Ask Group Ltd, based in Northgate Avenue, Bury St Edmunds, was held last week following a vote by shareholders for a voluntary winding up of the company.
The liquidator, Jamie Playford of Leading Corporate Recovery, based in Norwich, said the company had about 90 creditors who were owed a combined total of around £407,000.
“There is no return expected to creditors,” said Mr Playford. “The company traded as Ask Print and Ask Translation.
“Ask Print suffered a decline in the print industry and lower priced competition. Ask Translation carried out translation services for financial institutions such as Aviva but, after a decline in work following the financial crises, the company has never recovered.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Playford also confirmed that seven people had been made redundant.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case