SAFFRON Building Society has appointed John Eastgate as sales and marketing director.Mr Eastgate will be based at the society's head office in Saffron Walden and will be responsible for the leadership and management of its retail sales and marketing.
SAFFRON Building Society has appointed John Eastgate as sales and marketing director.
Mr Eastgate will be based at the society's head office in Saffron Walden and will be responsible for the leadership and management of its retail sales and marketing.
This will include the management of its network of 12 branches, Saffron Direct, Saffron Insure and Saffron Independent Financial Advisers businesses.
He joins the business after five years with global information services where he was head of banking for its Decision Analytics division, providing consultancy services to leading UK banks.
Before this, he led the UK financial services practice for US software firm BroadVision and prior to that was with Barclays for 10 years where he took on a number of management roles after arriving as a graduate.
Mr Eastgate, who is married with two sons, said he was “enormously attracted” to working in the mutual sector where the message that members come first is very clear.
- 1 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 2 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 3 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 6 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 7 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 8 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 9 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 10 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
“This member focus gives mutuals a definite competitive advantage, particularly in the current marketplace,” he said.
“I am delighted to be joining a business with such great potential and am committed to continuing Saffron's outstanding work in its provision of quality products and services to members.”
The building society's chief executive Andy Golding said they were “delighted” to welcome him to the society.
“His experience in the financial sector brings a valuable fresh perspective, and I am positive he will be a real asset to the team.”