EAST Anglian law firm Prettys has welcomed a new partner.Jon Miller joins Peter Blake on the firm's construction team, and will be based at the Chelmsford office.
EAST Anglian law firm Prettys has welcomed a new partner.
Jon Miller joins Peter Blake on the firm's construction team, and will be based at the Chelmsford office.
Since qualifying as a solicitor in 1989, Mr Miller has worked in construction law with Pinsent Masons and Fenwick Elliott LLP.
He is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, an Associate of the Chartered Management Institute, an Academy of Experts and TeCSA accredited and practising mediator, and is a Royal Institute of British Architects, The Technology& Construction Solicitors' Association, Association of Independent Construction Adjudicators and Construction Industry Council adjudicator, having been appointed on a number of occasions.
You may also want to watch:
In 1994, he lobbied the House of Lords on behalf of the construction industry during the passing of the Housing Grants and Regeneration Act 1996, eventually preparing the first draft of adjudication laws for two adjudicating nominating bodies.
Mr Miller has been involved in a number of disputes relating to the construction industry, including claims for loss and expense, damages for breach of contract, termination/suspension, extension of time and variations.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview
Partner Peter Blake said: “Jon will prove to be a real asset to the team at Prettys, and his vast experience in Construction law will enable us to further build upon a key area of expertise within the firm.”