EAST Anglian law firm Prettys has welcomed a new partner.Jon Miller joins Peter Blake on the firm's construction team, and will be based at the Chelmsford office.
EAST Anglian law firm Prettys has welcomed a new partner.
Jon Miller joins Peter Blake on the firm's construction team, and will be based at the Chelmsford office.
Since qualifying as a solicitor in 1989, Mr Miller has worked in construction law with Pinsent Masons and Fenwick Elliott LLP.
He is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, an Associate of the Chartered Management Institute, an Academy of Experts and TeCSA accredited and practising mediator, and is a Royal Institute of British Architects, The Technology& Construction Solicitors' Association, Association of Independent Construction Adjudicators and Construction Industry Council adjudicator, having been appointed on a number of occasions.
In 1994, he lobbied the House of Lords on behalf of the construction industry during the passing of the Housing Grants and Regeneration Act 1996, eventually preparing the first draft of adjudication laws for two adjudicating nominating bodies.
Mr Miller has been involved in a number of disputes relating to the construction industry, including claims for loss and expense, damages for breach of contract, termination/suspension, extension of time and variations.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 8 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
Partner Peter Blake said: “Jon will prove to be a real asset to the team at Prettys, and his vast experience in Construction law will enable us to further build upon a key area of expertise within the firm.”