Couple call time on Suffolk town centre fine jewellers
- Credit: Jonathan Lambert
The owners of Sudbury’s most prominent independent jewellery retailer, Jonathan Lambert Fine Jewellers, have announced shock plans to quit the town.
Husband and wife Jonathan and Yasmin Lambert blamed trading conditions and decreasing footfall as their main reasons for shutting-up shop.
The shop is located at Borehamgate in King Street and Mr Lambert said: “We feel that trading conditions within Sudbury show no signs of improvement so we have made the tough decision to cease trading from our Sudbury premises.”
A family jewellery business with a long-established heritage, Jonathan Lambert Fine Jewellers opened in Sudbury in 2003. A second store at Lavenham followed in 2017.
To mark the final weeks of trading in Sudbury the couple are holding a closing down sale, with all stock half price to clear, including fine gold and diamond jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
They will continue to run their Lavenham store, which concentrates mainly on bespoke jewellery commissions.
Mr Lambert said: “We would like to thank the customers who have supported the Sudbury store over the years and look forward to welcoming them in the future to our Lavenham store.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
The couple have distinguished backgrounds in fine jewellery.
Mr Lambert is descended from a long line of goldsmiths and silversmiths, with a family history within the jewellery trade dating back to 1795, while Mrs Lambert spent many years designing high-end pieces for royalty and the rich and famous at Garrard the Crown Jeweller.
Mr Lambert said: “I have been in the trade since I left school; I never wanted to do anything else.
“Jewellery is pivotal to my life and I remain as passionate as ever about creating exquisite jewellery designs.
“We are sad to be leaving Sudbury but our closing down sale is a `thank you’ for customer support over the time we have been here.
“Our business is 15% up on last year,but our customers prefer to come to see us in Lavenham.”