Street food market could be coming to Colchester
- Credit: JUNKYARD MARKET
An open-air street food market is seeking out the perfect location in Colchester to bring foodie fans together in a socially-distanced space.
Junkyard Market has enjoyed huge success in other parts of the UK, reflecting the current emphasis on outdoor socialising as Covid-19 continues to disrupt people’s lives.
More than 27,000 people were able to enjoy the bustling food and drink market in Norwich during August and September, with extensive safety rules and regulations in place.
Now the owners are on a mission to spread the joy of the urban project which welcomes people of all ages, including children, over a period of seven weekends in November and December.
Junkyard are also well known for contributing towards community causes.
You may also want to watch:
Callum McCormick, head of growth, said: “We can’t wait to bring the market to Colchester and hope local businesses and organisations can help us.
“Ideally we are looking for underused car parks or other open spaces. We work with a lot of developers and car park operators and use those spaces while they wait for development. The perfect size would be 1,500 square metres but we are open to discussions.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
“The important thing is creating a fun destination for people while ensuring they are safe in the current climate.”
If you can help Junkyard Market, email email@example.com or visit their website for more information.