Kelly-Anne Byres named as ‘one to watch’ in 35 Women Under 35 Awards
- Credit: Picture: Stephen Waller
A young entrepreneur from Suffolk is among those recognised in the 2015 35 Women Under 35 Awards.
Kelly-Anne Byres, founder of Ipswich-based Poppy Nursing and Care Services, has been hailed as “one to watch” by the Management Today publication which compiles the annual listing of female high achievers.
Judges praised her drive, dedication and determination and found her approach “fresh, forward-thinking and focused” for someone who has just turned 27.
Previous winners in the awards have included Martha Lane Fox, founder of lastminute.com, international media executive Elisabeth Murdoch and fashion designer Stella McCartney.
Kelly, who lives in Woodbridge with her husband Andy and son Logan, two, said: “It is an incredible honour to be recognised in an event that has also showcased the skills of powerful, incredible and famous women I have long admired.”
You may also want to watch:
Kelly, who is also among the finalists in the Young Business Person category of the EADT Business Awards, due to be announced tomorrow, launched Poppy Nursing and Care Services as a joint venture with Claire Woodman, a registered NHS nurse.
The business, which now employs around 100 people, supplies staff to hospital trusts and care homes across the UK and has already opened a second branch, based in Nottingham.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
Kelly also runs her own accountancy firm, KBL Accounts, which she set up at the age of 24. It now has more than 200 clients on its books.