Kelvedon-based Peta UK celebrates 40th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A family firm in north Essex which produces implements designed to help people with arthritis and grip difficulties is celebrating its 40th anniversary.
Kelvedon-based Peta UK was founded in 1976 by innovator Lionel Crockett who designed and trademarked the first Easi-Grip scissors.
The business has since enjoyed significant expansion, with its range of products now also including garden tools and kitchen knives and utensils.
Lionel’s daughter Genny, who now runs the business, said: “This is a fantastic landmark for the company and a very special birthday. It’s a time to celebrate how far we have come, and thank our loyal clients, customers and colleagues who we have worked with over the years.
“40 years on Peta remains committed to universal design principles that benefit everyone, irrespective of age or ability. We allow people to continue to enjoy their favourite hobbies, and for that we are very proud.”
You may also want to watch:
Peta exports 60% of its products to more than 30 countries.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich