Kelvedon: Triple nomination for APC Solutions in East of England Business Champions awards
- Credit: Archant
Wireless communications and network infrastructure specialist APC Solutions has received three nominations in the 2013 East of England Business Champions Small Business Awards.
APC, which is based at Kelvedon, near Colchester, and is a leader reseller for Motorola wirless networking in the UK, is among the finalists in the Service Excellence category of the awards.
Group sales director David Bell, who co-founded the business in 1996 with Chris Lynch, has been shortlisted for the Business Person of the Year award. He was among the runners-up in the category at last year’s awards and is hoping to go one better this time.
In addition, communications engineering Harry Woolmore, who has been with the company little more than a year and, at 20, is the youngest member of the APC team, has been nominated for the Employee of the Year title.
APC Solutions, which also has satellite offices in South Africa and the United States, originally focused on commercial IT equipment.
You may also want to watch:
However, as wireless technology began to mature, the company began to develop particular expertise in this area along with network infrastructure. APC deployed its first wireless link in 1999, and went on to add mobile computing and private mobile radios to its core business in 2008.
It has undertaken projects all over the world including the UK, Ireland, Europe, South Africa and North America, with its client database including top names such as Harrods, Fulham Football Club, Savills plc, British Waterways, the Red Bull Racing F1 Team, the Highways Agency and IBM, and many public bodies including schools and universities.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
The East of England Business Champions awards ceremony is due to take place in Hertford on October 17.