ESSEX resident Ken Mustoe is to head up national children's charity Variety Club in 2009 as Chief Barker.Mr Mustoe, of Birdbrook, joined Variety Club in 1996 and has served on its youth clubs committee for more than a decade.
ESSEX resident Ken Mustoe is to head up national children's charity Variety Club in 2009 as Chief Barker.
Mr Mustoe, of Birdbrook, joined Variety Club in 1996 and has served on its youth clubs committee for more than a decade.
He has been chairman of both the Variety at Work committee and Variety's Sunshine Coach committee.
He was appointed a trustee and vice -president of the charity in 2001, and until December 2008, chaired the Sunshine Coach committee before taking over as the 2009 Chief Barker.
Mr Mustoe said Variety Club had a “rich history” of directly supporting disadvantaged children, young people and their families and their carers.
“We work closely with organisations and professionals which support children and young people and we shall continue to do so throughout the celebration of our sixtieth year and beyond,” he said.
- 1 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 2 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 3 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 4 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
- 5 Go-ahead given for 40 new homes in Suffolk village
- 6 'Significant' amount of Class A drugs and taser found at home in Suffolk
- 7 Plans seek to create traveller pitches for family use
- 8 Former Blue McGoldrick linked with League One move
- 9 Five people injured and air ambulance called after car overturned in crash
- 10 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
“I am honoured to have been given this opportunity and I look forward to consolidating the important developments that Variety Club has achieved in recent years.
“Variety will continue to support children and young people throughout the UK and will continue to deliver a vital service which has a positive and tangible impact on the lives of children and young people.”