East Anglian building supplies firm Kent Blaxill backs major cycle race
- Credit: Archant
East Anglian building supplies company Kent Blaxill has announced it will be the main sponsor of a major cycling event taking place in Essex next month.
The company is backing the annual Jock Wadley Memorial Road Race, which attracts an international field of leading cyclists who compete against each other on a course that takes them nine times around Abberton Reservoir near Colchester.
Managing director of Kent Blaxill, Simon Blaxill, who is a cycling enthusiast himself, said: “We are proud to be associated with such a prestigious race, which attracts top cyclists from around the country and even abroad.
“This is a super opportunity to see world-class athletes compete and in 2017 triple Olympic cyclist Ed Clancy couldn’t hold his lead in the final metres and the race was won by elite cyclist Steele von Hoff from Belgium.
In the past, the race has been won by young riders, such as Luke Rowe and Jon Tiernan-Locke, who have gone on to ride for world class teams such as Sky, so Kent Blaxill are very proud to again support an event which nurtures talent of this level.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam