Law firm Ashton KCJ launches its own charitable trust
- Credit: Archant
Regional law firm Ashton KCJ has launched its own charity.
The Ashton KCJ Charitable Trust, which will be regulated by the Charity Commission, is intended to help the firm to support a wider range of local worthy causes.
Previously, Ashton KCJ has supported three charities per year. Last year it raised around £10,000 it is on target to raise £15,000 this financial year, to be split between the allocation of trusts and grants for which local causes are invited to apply and local projects nominated and voted for by it staff.
Funds are raised through a variety of events such as treasure hunts and a golf day as well as dress down days and cake sales. Collection tins are also located in each of the firm’s seven offices.
Lawyers also undertake pro bono and reduced fee work and the firm hosts Wills Week every February when a percentage of the fee for each Will written or updated is donated to charity.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel Maguire, chairman of Ashton KCJ corporate social responsibility committee, said: “Our commitment to the community doesn’t stop when we leave the office at the end of each day.
“We believe it is important to contribute to life beyond work. We live here, we play here and it is where we’ve chosen to raise our families”.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 10 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
He added: “The Ashton KCJ Charitable Trust has therefore been set up with the aim of giving something back to an area that has served us so well for so long. By way of grants and donations, the Trust will support charitable causes and community groups in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex”.