Law firm Birketts advises Bliss on Liverpool hotel deal
- Credit: Archant
East Anglia-based law firm Birketts has advised Bliss Hotels Ltd on the £10m-plus purchase of a multi-use property in Liverpool.
Tenants of the site include a casino, a restaurant and a four-star hotel which is already operated by Bliss Hotels, a venture by Bliss Investment Partners focused on developing bespoke hotel offerings in key regional locations.
Top 100 law firm Birketts, which has offices in Ipswich, Chelmsford, Cambridge and Norwich, advised Bliss Hotels on all legal matters with Melissa Loucas, partner in the commercial property team, leading the transaction. Assistance was provided by colleagues Andrew Ridout, Laura Jones and Joe Yexley.
Melissa Loucas said: “This transaction once again demonstrates Birketts’ property expertise within the leisure sector.
“It has been a pleasure working alongside the team at Bliss Hotels who have a number of exciting projects on the horizon.”
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Potter, finance director at Bliss Investment Partners, commented: “We selected Birketts to advise us due to the reputation of its commercial property team.
“We knew from the off that we had made the right choice. Under Melissa Loucas’ leadership the team did a brilliant job and it was a pleasure to be advised by lawyers that understood our requirements and just got on with it.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?