Law firm clinches DTI contract
A LAW firm is celebrating after winning a top Government contract covering the East of England.Howes Percival fought off stiff competition from more than 50 other firms to win a three-year contract handling the Department of Trade and Industry's insolvency work.
A LAW firm is celebrating after winning a top Government contract covering the East of England.
Howes Percival fought off stiff competition from more than 50 other firms to win a three-year contract handling the Department of Trade and Industry's insolvency work.
The contract extends a relationship between Howes Percival and the DTI stretching back to 1994.
The work involves advising on and carrying out proceedings against former directors of failed companies under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986, and the contract covers Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire as well as half the cases issued in the High Court in London.
You may also want to watch:
The firm will be part of a panel of just five companies who advise on all such cases on behalf of the DTI across England and Wales.
Andrew Barnes, managing partner of Howes Percival's East Anglia region, said they were “absolutely delighted” to win the contract.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam
“The competition is fierce for this kind of work so to win the contract across such a large area, including the High Court cases, is a major vote of confidence in our approach.
“We believe our corporate litigation team is one of the best in the UK, but it is always great to get a ringing endorsement such as this.”