Law firm enters UK’s top 100
AN increase in sales for the year to May 31 has propelled East Anglian solicitors Birketts LLP into the national Top 100 law firms.
Birketts, which has offices in Ipswich, Chelmsford, Cambridge and Norwich, with a staff of 390 and 54 partners, has jumped 21 places to 91st position.
Birketts’ chief executive Alistair Lang said: “To reach our highest ever target in excess of �23million of sales would have been good, but to beat it by several hundred thousand pounds to almost �24million is a great achievement by all involved.”
He added: “Generally this growth in fee income is the result of increased market share rather than a general uplift in the economy, with a number of sectors remaining challenging in terms of activity.”
The Chelmsford office is the latest addition to Birketts’ network, resulting from its merger with Wollastons LLP in September last year.
You may also want to watch:
“All offices have been able to build a good momentum during the year, particularly with the new Chelmsford team settling and delivering the goods,” added Mr Lang.
“The range of legal services provided and the broad base of skills in the firm have helped us enormously in the face of a sluggish market place.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid