Law firms expands again
NORTH Essex law firm Ellisons is to expand through a merger with Colchester-based Marshall Legal, following negotiations lasting several months. The combined firm, which will continue to be known as Ellisons, will have 23 partners and 25 other lawyers.
NORTH Essex law firm Ellisons is to expand through a merger with Colchester-based Marshall Legal, following negotiations lasting several months.
The combined firm, which will continue to be known as Ellisons, will have 23 partners and 25 other lawyers.
Ellisons' senior partner, Peter Powell, said: “Marshall Legal has roots in Colchester going back to 1829 and Ellisons has evidence of beginning at least sixty years earlier. Such a solid historic foundation is important but much more pertinent is the fact that we believe we have a strong future together.”
Marshall's senior partner, Charles Penfold, added: “Choosing the right partners is always important but must be more so when we are making such a significant move.
“This agreement reflects our mutual confidence that the Marshall practice will fit well with Ellisons' plans for the future and the combined firm will provide a strong platform from which to further develop our business and service the needs of our clients.”
In a joint statement, the firms added: “This merger reflects the commitment of both firms to growth, achieved through a combination of organic development and strategic mergers.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 2 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 3 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 4 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 5 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 6 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 7 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 8 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
- 9 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 10 Motorists stopped for speeding during enforcement checks
“The vision of the newly merged firm reflects the desire of each merger partner to focus on commercial work, particularly through the Colchester office but still maintain a strong private client base. The combined firm will offer greater strength across all practice areas but in particular Property, Civil Litigation, Private Client and Family.”
Ellisons has offices in Colchester, Clacton-on-Sea, Frinton -on-Sea and Dovercourt. The merger with Marshall Legal, which is expected to take effect in the late summer, comes just a year after Ellisons' previous expansion through a merger with PTL Solicitors.