Lettings firm strengthens management team
A SUFFOLK-based independent holiday lettings company has strengthened its management team to capitalise on its significant growth over the past 12 months.
The owners of Suffolk Cottage Holidays Ltd, incorporating Big House Holidays, have created a new holding company for their growing enterprise to enable them to take full advantage of the rapidly expanding market.
Ready to Travel Ltd will incorporate both of the existing companies and it will also be the holding company for other businesses that will be created over the next few years.
Founder directors John and Lizzie Hammond have invited David Reich to join the board of Ready to Travel to help manage their growing group of companies. Mr Reich has a wealth of experience in the advertising and marketing industry as well as specific success in helping small businesses to grow rapidly within a very competitive environment.
He was instrumental in the creation of an entirely new sector within the UK advertising industry –specialised companies devoted to media planning and buying – having started his own business in 1975, taking it public in 1985 and then selling it to the world’s largest such enterprise, Carat Group (part of Aegis Group plc) of which he then became chief operating officer in 1989. He became well known in City circles in 2001 when he was CEO of Tempus group which was subject to a hostile takeover by WPP Group which then tried to pull out of the bid after 9/11.
You may also want to watch:
In a blaze of publicity, Mr Reich and the Tempus team successfully secured the WPP takeover during these challenging times with the bidder paying a 70% premium over the Tempus share price prior to the bid.
Mr Reich said: “I hope to add complementary skills to those of John and Lizzie so that we can grow strongly in the future whilst enhancing our proud record of excellent customer service.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 4 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 10 Town remain in talks with Edwards over new deal