Levington-based Evolution Rigging to stage official opening day celebration
- Credit: Archant
A new marine business based at the Suffolk Yacht Harbour on the River Orwell, near Ipswich, is to celebrate its official launch with an open day this weekend.
Evolution Rigging, which involves a team with more than 40 years’ rigging and sailing experience, led by Richard Odell, is hosting the event between 10am and 4pm on Saturday, May 6, with anyone welcome to drop in.
Rather than treating rigging as a stand-alone project, Evolution Rigging aims to take a collaborative approach with companies across the marine industry.
“Importantly we are sailors as well as riggers, so we understand how to help customers get the most out of their boats, whether it’s for cruising down the river or competitive racing,” said Mr Odell.“No two boats are the same, so owners can find it difficult to know what is best for their rig. We understand how daunting it can be and offer customers the chance to come in and discuss their requirements with our experienced team.”
He added: “Rigging and sails in particular come hand in hand, so it makes sense to ensure they are set up to complement each other rather than addressing them in isolation.”
You may also want to watch:
Depending on a customer’s requirements, Evolution Rigging will carry out servicing from its berths at the Suffolk Yacht Harbour at Levington or at locations further afield.
Besides the marine arm of the business, Evolution Rigging offers an architectural service, providing a range of products and services from the installation of balustrades, to guard wires for balconies and shade sails for gardens.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 10 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs