Retail chain introduces cough-proof screens at checkouts in coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: Archant
A food retailing giant is set to install cough and sneeze-proof checkout protection screens across all its stores nationwide.
The move comes in the wake of the coronavirus crisis, with thousands of the screens being rolled out across its stores in order to protect staff and customers.
Lidl has stores across Suffolk and north Essex, including in Ipswich, Harwich, Felixstowe, Stowmarket, Colchester, Beccles, Lowestoft and Haverhill.
MORE – Petrol prices tumble across Suffolk after row between oil producersThe chain’s UK boss, Christian Härtnagel, said: “The safety of our colleagues and customers continues to be a key priority for us, which is why all of our stores here in Great Britain will be fitted with protection screens at checkouts.
“We hope that this additional safeguard will help to provide extra reassurance for those both working and shopping in our stores.
“We are eternally grateful to all of our store teams who are working hard every day to support their communities. And, we would once again like to thank customers for their consideration during this very challenging time.”
You may also want to watch:
The chain has already announced that it is creating up to 2,500 new store jobs.
Sign up for latest news alerts here
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 5 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day