Retail chain introduces cough-proof screens at checkouts in coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: Archant
A food retailing giant is set to install cough and sneeze-proof checkout protection screens across all its stores nationwide.
The move comes in the wake of the coronavirus crisis, with thousands of the screens being rolled out across its stores in order to protect staff and customers.
Lidl has stores across Suffolk and north Essex, including in Ipswich, Harwich, Felixstowe, Stowmarket, Colchester, Beccles, Lowestoft and Haverhill.
MORE – Petrol prices tumble across Suffolk after row between oil producersThe chain’s UK boss, Christian Härtnagel, said: “The safety of our colleagues and customers continues to be a key priority for us, which is why all of our stores here in Great Britain will be fitted with protection screens at checkouts.
“We hope that this additional safeguard will help to provide extra reassurance for those both working and shopping in our stores.
“We are eternally grateful to all of our store teams who are working hard every day to support their communities. And, we would once again like to thank customers for their consideration during this very challenging time.”
You may also want to watch:
The chain has already announced that it is creating up to 2,500 new store jobs.
Sign up for latest news alerts here
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town