Lift beauty salon short-listed in national awards
- Credit: Archant
Honour for an Ipswich beauty salon at James Bond themed event
Lift beauty salon, in Fore Street, Ipswich has been honoured in a national beauty awards scheme.
The Ipswich salon, run by beauty therapest Hayley Capey, was short-listed in the national beauty awards, run by the beauty, hair and holistic industry body BABTAC and revealed on Sunday at a special James Bond-themed presentation event.
Only six salons from across the country made the final short-list, from hundreds that were eligible to enter, she said.
Hayley said: “It is a great honour against some tough competition.”
Hayley Capey said: “I am very pleased, and very proud of our team - it is an amazing achievement.
“A year ago we expanded and grew from three rooms to five, and to achieve this in the first year is fantastic.
- 1 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
- 7 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 8 'He's an amazing guy... a legend' - United keeper de Gea's praise for new Town coach Grant
- 9 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 10 Two vehicle crash on the A140 blocks traffic on major Suffolk route
“We were the smallest of the Large Beauty Salons category against some very strong opposition.
“It is a so much bigger industry now.”
Hayley has been working in the beauty industry for 20 years.
She said: “We have never entered anything like this before.
“There are 1,200 salons in the country of all sorts of sizes.
“You are phoned and also visited by mystery shoppers.
“So to reach the final six was a great achievement.”
The awards were presented at a glamourous event at the Hurlingham Country Club, Putney on Sunday. “It was a lovely venue and event,” she said.
“There were six finalists chosen, and only one winner.
“To reach the final was an absolutely huge achievement for a small salon. We were up against some salons with 14 rooms.”
Hayley is very pleased to be in the beauty business.
“I think it is a very rewarding job. You meet such a lot of lovely customers, from all different walks of life.
“It is quite a privilege really.
“For many coming in for a treatment or a massage is there “me time”; some like too relax, some like to chat and share their thoughts and feelings with you.”
Hayley and her team; she attended with husband Tim and colleauges Natasha Sadler and Nancy Murtugh, were shaken and stirred by the result.