Local solicitor raises funds for the Alzeimer’s Society
- Credit: Archant
Sophie climbs a mountain for a charity
Sophie Grabham, a probate solicitor at local law firm Gotelee recently scaled Ben Nevis to raise funds for Alzheimer’s Society.
Making it to the summit in just under 4 hours and completing the whole thing in just over 6.5 hours was a massive achievement.
Sophie Grabham, solicitor at the Melton office said: “We were looking for a challenge and we thought it was something we’d like to do. We decided to raise funds for Alzheimer’s Society as working in private client I see the effects of Alzheimer’s disease, both on those diagnosed and their families. By doing the climb, we have raised, with Gotelee’s help, £450 for Alzheimer’s Society. Although it was hard work, it was good fun, and we managed to get a break in the weather to see the stunning view.”
The Alzheimer’s Society is the UK’s leading dementia support and research charity, supporting anyone affected by any form of dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
It provides information and practical and emotional support to help people live well with dementia, whilst also investing in world-class research. The Alzheimer’s Society also campaigns to improve public understanding of dementia and the devastating impact it can have on families.
Gotelee Solicitors is a dementia-friendly firm, with many of the staff at Gotelee trained to recognise signs of dementia when dealing with members of the public.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Busy high street taped off by police
- 4 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
Gotelee Solicitors has been around for 130 years with offices in Ipswich, Felixstowe, Woodbridge, Melton and Hadleigh.