Loganair to launch flights from London Southend to Carlisle Lake District Airport
- Credit: Archant
Scottish airline Loganair is to launch flights between Southend and Carlisle this summer, offering a new option for holidaymakers heading to the Lake District.
Loganair’s new operation from Carlisle Lake District Airport (CLDA) – which will also includes routes to Belfast and Dublin – will commence on June 4.
Both CLDA and London Southend are part of the Stobart Group. Head of corporate projects Kate Willard said: “Stobart Group is committed to delivering a brilliant air travel experience across the UK and Ireland.
“We are therefore delighted to be announcing flights with Loganair connecting London, Belfast and Dublin with Carlisle and the Lake District.
“There is huge demand from London, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland to visit Carlisle, which is home to major businesses and serves as a gateway to the Lake District, two UNESCO World Heritage Sites and south Scotland.”
Jonathan Hinkles, managing director of Loganair, said: “With frequent services on each of the three routes, we have every confidence that these new flights will transform access to and from the Lake District for many thousands of customers each year.”
Flights on all three routes are now on sale.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 3 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 7 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 8 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 9 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 10 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
James Duddridge, MP for Rochford and Southend East, said: “I am delighted that Carlisle Lake District Airport plans to launch commercial and business flights on June 4. The routes mean that the South East and London will be much better connected to Cumbria and the Lake District, which will be boost the economies of both regions and drive tourism.”