Long Melford pharmacy relocates after securing six-figure funding deal with RBS
- Credit: Archant
A Long Melford pharmacy has relocated to new premises in the west Suffolk village after landing a six-figure funding deal with the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS).
The Pharmacy has moved near the post office on Hall Street and following the acquisition of the building, owners Nick Hunt and wife Yanli Wang extended and fully renovated the property.
The new air conditioned spacious store has a large dispensary area, three private consultation rooms and a comfortable waiting area, and Sudbury-based firm TCI carried out the renovation work.
In addition to dispensing NHS, private and veterinary prescriptions, The Pharmacy also offers many other NHS and private services, including NHS health checks and cholesterol testing.
Nick Hunt, director of The Pharmacy, said: “We are thrilled with the new pharmacy. We set out to create a more modern store that would enable us to provide an enhanced service and better facilities for local residents and we have done just that.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a lot more dispensary space than at our previous location and the consultation rooms are a vast improvement, enabling us to provide services more easily.
“The conversion and extension work carried out by TCI has been excellent and we have been amazed at how the building work has progressed so well. We encountered many unforeseen difficulties as a result of the age of the building which were overcome very efficiently.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
“We are very pleased and grateful for the support extended by Tracy Westley and her team at RBS who have provided expert guidance throughout this rather daunting move and the bank’s seamless efficiency throughout the process was faultless.
“We extend our thanks to RBS and also to Sheridan of TCI who produced such a lovely new shop for us which we hope will add renewed vigour to the heart of the village.”
Tracy Westley, senior relationship manager at RBS, said: “Nick and Yanli have created an impressive new store and I am pleased that we have been able to support their move.
“The local community will really benefit from the new pharmacy and the enhanced services they are able to provide.”