Long Melford Swan celebrates top ratings from the AA
- Credit: Archant
The Long Melford Swan boutique restaurant with rooms has received top ratings from the AA for its food and accommodation.
It has been awarded two AA rosettes for culinary excellence, the highest available rating for a first visit, while its rooms in nearby Melford House have received a top five-star award.
Together with the Hadleigh Ram and the Lavenham Greyhound, the Long Melford Swan is part of Stuart Inns, which is run by Lorna Pissarro and her brothers Oliver and Iain Macmillan, with support from their father Andrew, and is a member of the EADT’s Future50 listing of up-and-coming businesses.
Lorna said: “Since the beginning we have set out to offer our customers quality expected of the AA accreditation system. From our contemporary menu and fine wine to a constant focus on the service we deliver, we know the importance of attention to detail.
“It has been a nervous few weeks as we waited for the visit and to find out how we had done, so it was both an incredible thrill and relief when we found out we had received the top awards. I am incredibly proud of the whole team and we will be celebrating for some time to come.”
You may also want to watch:
Simon Numphud, head of AA hotel services, congratulated the Swan, describing it as having “stylish rooms” and “excellent food and service.”
The family are tenants at the three pubs, all owned by Greene King Pub Partners, but own Melford House, which opened at the start of this year.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
Clive Chesser, business unit director for Greene King Pub Partners, said: “This is a fantastic accolade and thoroughly well deserved. The team at the Long Melford Swan work incredibly hard to offer a dining experience expected of an AA rated restaurant and a visit there is always very enjoyable.”