Long Melford Swan unveils new ‘chef’s table’ dining experience
- Credit: Archant
Staff at the Long Melford Swan have celebrated the completion of the final phase of an investment programme which has involved a restaurant expansion, the opening of a deli counter and the addition of new rooms,
The Swan, run by the Macmillan family for the past five years, has extended its restaurant with a new garden room, an outside seating area and a “chef’s table” which offers an exclusive private dining experience with a view into the kitchen.
This follows the addition of new letting rooms – bringing the total to seven, including a suite featuring a separate lounge area, a walk-in drench shower and a freestanding copper bath – and the opening of the Duck Deli, selling some of the ingredients also used in the kitchen.
Speaking at a ribbon-cutting ceremony to mark the completion of the work, sales and marketing director Lorna Pissarro said: “It is a pleasure to welcome our valued customers and supporters to help us mark this occasion.
“The expansion of the Long Melford Swan has allowed us to realise our ambition of creating not only a fabulous dining experience but also a wonderful place to stay.”
You may also want to watch:
The Long Melford Swan is part of the Macmillan family’s Stuart Inns Group which also manages the Hadleigh Ram and the Lavenham Greyhound.
Besides Lorna, the business involves her brothers, Ollie and Iain, and father, Andrew Macmillan.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side