Love to Ride Suffolk helps turn the wheels of local cycling businesses
- Credit: Elmy Cycles
The Love to Ride cycle campaign has been great for encouraging people to enjoy the many benefits of riding a bike, but it’s also been a fantastic way to support local bike shops.
Over the last year, Suffolk County Council has partnered with Love to Ride to encourage individuals and businesses throughout Suffolk to increase the amount of cycling that they do whilst having the chance of winning some great cycling prizes.
This continues next month with the Cycle September campaign, a big part of which is geared around encouraging people returning to the office to cycle to work, with prize incentives for those who sign up.
The campaign has so many benefits, from improving fitness and employee engagement, to helping do your bit to reduce your carbon footprint.
It’s also great for local cycle retailers, with £1,000-worth of vouchers to be won and redeemed in Suffolk bike shops through various competitions and draws.
Established in 1922 Elmy Cycles of Ipswich is one of the UK’s oldest cycle shops and fixes and repairs all types of bikes for all types of rider.
“The last two years have been challenging for all shops, but cycling has proved to be an essential service for many people,” said owner Steve Grimwood. “As the country went into lockdown, cycling became the ideal way for many key workers to get into work and for everyone to be able to get out to enjoy some exercise.
“The boom in cycling was accompanied with a huge increase in new riders looking for help, advice and encouragement, and Love to Ride proved to be a great source of help and inspiration to many new and existing cyclists.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 10 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
“It was great to be able to work with the team at Love to Ride and promote it to our customers, and the vouchers handed out to many lucky recipients were great for both them and also for us. We can’t wait to engage with even more new cyclists and to continue to work with Love to Ride Suffolk to spread the word about how great cycling in Suffolk is!”