Lowestoft: Commonwealth Games deal will see Harrod UK make history at Ibrox stadium
Sports equipment manufacturer Harrod UK is supplying goals for two of the major venues at the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which start of July 23.
The Lowestoft-based company will be helping to make history when two sets of 17-metre rugby posts are installed at the Ibrox stadium which is being used for the rugby sevens contest.
It is thought to be the first time that the ground, normally home to football club Rangers, has been used for rugby in its 127-year history.
Already in place are goals and other field of play equipment supplied by Harrod UK for the men’s and women’s hockey events. They are being staged at the Glasgow Green National Hockey Centre which has undergone a major redevelopment and will form part of the legacy from the games for the future.
Harrod UK will also be supplying two sets of bespoke freestanding netball posts for for two training venues in the city.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Capel, competition manager for the games, said: “We chose Harrod UK because of their track record for supplying field of play equipment at world class events. Having worked with them at London 2012, we knew it was one area we wouldn’t have to worry about once they were onboard, as their product, logistics and service is of the very highest standard.”
The 20th Commonwealth Games, which run until August 3, will feature a total of 17 sports at 14 different venues and involve around 6,500 athletes from 71 nations.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam